Tuesday, December 19, 2023

AAC Board

I met with Caroline's speech therapist today. I asked about AAC her response was "well she's a little young for AAC, I'd say wait until she's three and if she's still not talking we can decide if she should start AAC". I did not like this. She needs to start young. I told her that. Our speech therapist is still not helping. So today were talking about how to make your own communication board In a super easy and simple way.

How To Make A Communication Board:

1. Get on your writing document app on your computer.
2. Select Table and choose your grid size.
3. Change the faunt size to make your grid fit your page.
4. Use emojis/photos for pictures.
5. Shrink faunt size and add text.
6. Print and use.
Why I wanted a communication board:
1. It's light.
2. Caroline's not good with electronics.
3. It's free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

First Steps

Today at fourteen months old Caroline took her first steps. I emailed our doctor, his reply was "if she's walking we can probaly ru...